General terms and conditions of reservation and business of BAR JEDER VERNUNFT Veranstaltungs-Organisations GmbH
§ 1 Area of application
These terms and conditions govern the legal relationship between the customer and BAR JEDER VERNUNFT Veranstaltungs- Organisations GmbH (hereinafter referred to as Theatre). They are part of the contract concluded when purchasing tickets and redeeming vouchers. No other terms and conditions shall apply.
§ 2 Programme of events, starting times, seating plans
The official event programmes with the starting times can be viewed in the Theaters official publications. Schedules, line-ups and seating plans are subject to change without notice.
§ 3 Admission prices
- The Theater publishes the respective valid admission fees at the box office and on its website.
- Concessions are granted to the authorised groups of persons, if available, on presentation of corresponding proof at the Theaters box office. Reduced tickets are only valid in connection with this proof. If proof cannot be provided, admission will only be granted after payment of the difference to the full admission fee.
- All indicated prices include the legal value added tax and postal costs must be added where necessary.
§ 4 Reservations
- Reservations can be made in writing (by letter, fax or e-mail).
- For orders placed by telephone and in writing, payment must be effected within the agreed period of time following confirmation by the Theater.
- If payment is not effected within this period, the reservation will be cancelled.
§ 5 Ticket issue
- The customer must check that the purchased ticket is correct as well as the change given immediately upon purchase.
- It is prohibited to resell the Theater tickets for commercial purposes. Contractual partners of the Theater are exempt from this.
- Tickets already paid can be sent on request. The costs and risk of shipping shall be borne by the customer.
- Access to an event will only be granted on presentation of a valid ticket. If the ticket is lost, there will be no replacement or refund.
- There is no entitlement to admission after the performance has commenced. If the customer is not granted admission due to his own tardiness, he is not entitled to a refund of the ticket price.
§ 6 Ticket returns
- Returns of sold tickets against payment of the ticket price are generally excluded.
- The ticket price will only be refunded if an event does not take place or if there is a general cancellation of the event and if the purchased ticket is returned within one month. Shipping costs will not be refunded.
- Beyond this the customer shall not be entitled to any further claims.
§ 7 Gift vouchers
- Ticket vouchers purchased by the customer can be redeemed for tickets at the Theater. The remaining value of a voucher will be paid to the customer up to a value of 10.00 euros in cash. Remaining amounts exceeding 10.00 euros will be refunded to the customer in the form of a new voucher for the remaining amount.
- Menu or champagne vouchers purchased by the customer can be redeemed at the Theater in return for the food and drinks arrangements described in the voucher. Vouchers for catering arrangements are not redeemable for admission tickets.
- The purchase of a ticket voucher does not entitle the holder to attend a particular performance. The voucher can only be redeemed if tickets are available.
- Vouchers for food and drinks arrangements can be redeemed at the advance booking desks of the Theater no later than 1 day before the event, depending on the availability of seats. A prerequisite for the redemption of a voucher for food and drinks arrangements is the simultaneous booking / the presence of valid admission tickets.
- The vouchers are valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
- The purchased vouchers can be sent on request. The costs and risk of shipping shall be borne by the customer.
§ 8 Cloakroom service
- Items of clothing or objects that might disrupt the course of the event must be handed over to the cloakroom for storage prior to the beginning of the performance for a fee.
- It is only possible to hand back the objects kept in the cloakroom on presentation of the cloakroom ticket.
- If items in the cloakroom are exchanged by mistake, damaged, or lost, or if the cloakroom ticket is lost, this must be reported to the Theater on the day of the event.
§ 9 Video and audio recordings
- It is strictly prohibited for customers to make video and audio recordings of any kind.
- In the event that the theatre or a third party make or have made image and/or sound recordings during a public performance, the customer agrees upon purchase of the ticket that the theatre or a third party may use the recordings for their own advertising and commercial exploitation without any claim to a remuneration arising. These include, in particular, exploitation for transmission on television and on the Internet. This consent is not limited in time or place and applies to all forms of distribution and publication.
§ 10 Liability
- The Theater shall not be liable for expenses incurred by the customer as a result of the event having to be cancelled or postponed at short notice. In this respect, the customer is responsible for informing himself/herself as to whether the event will actually take place at the scheduled time.
- The Theater is not liable for acts undertaken by the customer on his/her own responsibility.
- As for the rest, in cases of slight negligence, the Theater shall only be liable for a breach of essential contractual obligations (cardinal obligations) and personal injury. In addition, the pre-contractual, contractual and extra-contractual liability of the Theater is limited to intent and gross negligence, whereby the limitation of liability also applies in the event of negligence on the part of agents employed by the Theater.
- All claims against the Theater are subject to a limitation period of one year from the beginning of the statutory limitation period. Claims for damages, which are based on gross negligence or intention by the Theater or concern personal injury, are excluded from this.
§ 11 Non-participation in consumer arbitration
The Theater does not take part in the consumer arbitration process pursuant to the law pertaining to consumer arbitration [Verbraucherstreitbeilegungsgesetz].
§ 12 Miscellaneous
- Children younger than six years of age are not admitted.
- Dogs are not allowed in the Theater.
- Customers are not permitted to bring their own food and beverages for consumption in our Theater.
§ 13 Final provisions
- Should these terms and conditions contain ineffective regulations, the effectiveness of the remaining regulations shall remain unaffected. The parties are obliged to replace the invalid provision with an effective one that comes closest to the economic interests of both parties. The same procedure must be followed if there is a gap in the execution of the terms and conditions that needs to be filled.
- These terms and conditions of business between the customer and the Theater shall be governed exclusively by German law.
- The place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from or in connection with these terms and conditions is Berlin.
Berlin, Oktober 2017